Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Together again!

I am feeling MUCH better! Monday night I had had it with sleeping on the couch, so Andy, Ollie and I moved to the guest bedroom, which has a lower bed that is easier to get in and out of. It was so nice to be together again, especially with Andy being out of town right up until the birth.

John slept in his room, which is right next door to the guest room. Here are some pictures of the finished nursery:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I have been feeling A LOT better every day. I have to admit I was skeptical about the second week after the birth being some sort of miracle week, but there have been huge improvements every day. Last night I slept flat on the bed on my side for the first time in two weeks; I can't begin to tell you how amazingly good that felt! Andy and I have also been getting out a bit, going to lunch, visiting my parents, etc., which has been really beneficial psychologically. I feel much more human!

I've lost 20 pounds, which I love. Still some to go, but I am still pretty swollen so I hope that a little bit more will melt off before I have to start working for it. :)

I had my two-week doctors appointment yesterday and it looks like everything is healing up nicely. It was also nice to hear the doctor say that I am right on track as far as recovery goes; it helps to hear a medical professional tell you that you're not just being a wuss! :)

Andy is going back to work on Monday, so my mom is going to help out if I need to go somewhere. I'm cleared to drive, but lifting John's carseat into the middle of the backseat of the truck might be a little more than I can handle. But then again, if next week is as good as this week, maybe I'll be all better!

John is doing great. Still eating like a champ, sleeping at least 3 hours at a stretch, and spending increasingly long periods of time awake after his feedings. I just love to sing to him and see his big blue eyes staring back at me! His cheeks are getting chubbier so I think we will find that he weighs a bit more at his next doctors appointment on Wednesday (his due date!)

No comments: